Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What Do You Do in the Summertime?

There is a Primary song I sang a lot when I was young – “Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime”.  The song is about relaxing summer activities like watching clouds, lazily dreaming, fishing, counting stars and swinging in trees.  I don’t think I would know what to do with that kind of a summer – although it would be nice to try!  In the meantime I will try and keep up with our family schedule! 

What did we do for our first day of summertime?  Swimming lessons, piano lessons, swim team, 1 sick child, soccer camp (what was I thinking?), haircut (not mine), swimming birthday party, baseball practice, bought food storage with rebate check (didn’t know we had it till Costco called and said to cash it), BBQ hamburgers for dinner, cleaned out and organized storage room so we could put away the food storage and family home evening.

I love the summer!

224

No comments:

Post a Comment